TDD: What, How, and Why
A talk at the Podlodka Frontend Crew conference on the benefits of test-driven development (TDD) and how to implement it in your project, with a little live coding session at the end.
In the talk I talk about how TDD helps me in different projects, where I use it and why. We’ll touch on:
- Development culture and what testing has to do with it;
- The benefits and challenges of writing automated tests;
- How TDD helps solve those problems;
- How to help the team lead and the business see the benefits of using TDD;
- How to use tests to find “smelly” code;
- How to simplify test writing.